Paul Steane Engineering Limited
My name is Paul Steane. At the end of March 2018 I set up my own company "Paul Steane Engineering Limited" offering my services to the railway industry as a freelance/consultant electrical and electronics engineer.
- I have 40+ years' experience as an electrical and electronics engineer, 35+ years' experience in the railway industry
- I have wide experience of many different types of AC and DC electric traction systems (25 kV ac and 750 V dc; inverter drives, chopper drives, camshaft controllers) on locomotives and multiple units
- I am a successful designer of many electronic systems operating in trains around the world
- I am experienced in the design and implementation of reliability improvements and obsolescence solutions
- I have excellent fault finding skills
- I have detailed design and practical knowledge of analogue, digital, microprocessor and programmable logic circuit design; also ethernet networks and network protocols
- I am an experienced software programmer - embedded and PC - PL/M, C, C++, C#
More details of my previous work can be found here.
If you think I may be able to assist you with a problem, please do