Glazebrook East Jn
Looking roughly westwards from New Moss Road bridge in Cadishead along the route of the Cheshire Lines Committee railway from Liverpool Brunswick to Manchester Oxford Road, opened in 1873. In the distance is Glazebrook East Jn signal box. To the left between the bridge and the signal box the 1873 and then the 1893 lines from Skelton Jn trailed in, at the far end of where the Down Loop is now. After the Manchester Ship Canal opened in 1893 the extensive Glazebrook Exchange Sidings also filled the area to the left, serving Partington Coal Basin on the Canal, and later an oil terminal. Some of these sidings used the original 1873 alignment of the Skelton Jn line.