Paul Steane's Photography Pages

283/1688
Home / Keyword England /

Grimsargh

20150523_145942.jpg GrimsarghThumbnailsGrimsarghGrimsarghThumbnailsGrimsarghGrimsarghThumbnailsGrimsarghGrimsarghThumbnailsGrimsarghGrimsarghThumbnailsGrimsarghGrimsarghThumbnailsGrimsarghGrimsarghThumbnailsGrimsargh

Preston Road in Grimsargh. The Preston & Longridge Railway crossed the road here from left to right: to the left, the houses in Old Station Close were built on the site of the newer Grimsargh station which opened in 1870; to the right, the Plough Inn was used as a station booking office from the line's opening in 1840 until 1870. The line opened in 1840 and closed to all traffic here in 1967.