Looking towards Glazebrook East Jn from the line giving access to the British (or Lancashire) Tar Distillers sidings at Glazebrook, in July 1993 (exact date unknown). The bridge carries Sandy Lane over what would have been a wide expanse of sidings. This line is on the course of the Glazebrook East Jn to Skelton Jn line opened by the Cheshire Lines Committee in 1873. From 1893 the route was replaced by Manchester Ship Canal Railway Deviation No.4, which is to the left in this view. The sidings here closed to rail traffic in about 1999.