Paul Steane's Photography Pages

3/134
022129_0025_a.jpg Glazebrook (Cadishead)ThumbnailsGlazebrookGlazebrook (Cadishead)ThumbnailsGlazebrookGlazebrook (Cadishead)ThumbnailsGlazebrookGlazebrook (Cadishead)ThumbnailsGlazebrookGlazebrook (Cadishead)ThumbnailsGlazebrookGlazebrook (Cadishead)ThumbnailsGlazebrookGlazebrook (Cadishead)ThumbnailsGlazebrook

Looking towards the British (or Lancashire) Tar Distillers sidings at Glazebrook, from close to the road bridge over Liverpool Road, in July 1993 (exact date unknown). This is the course of the Glazebrook East Jn to Skelton Jn line opened by the Cheshire Lines Committee in 1873. From 1893 the route was replaced by Manchester Ship Canal Railway Deviation No.4, the embankment of which can be seen to the right. The sidings closed to rail traffic in about 1999. The first (1873 to 1893) station at Cadishead is just behind the camera.