Killamarsh Central station
Killamarsh Central station (2 on map) on the MS&LR/GCR (line B on map), looking southwards. The station footbridge is intact and forms a public footpath. The access ramp/stairs to the right are useable, those to the left are blocked off. The line here was opened by the Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Railway as part of their London extension in 1891; it later formed part of the Great Central Railway main line. Closure to passengers was in 1966, though the route was retained along this section to serve Arkwright colliery until 1983. The station was open to passengers from 1892 to 1963.