P7312201.JPG Sutton OakThumbnailsKörösnagyharsánySutton OakThumbnailsKörösnagyharsánySutton OakThumbnailsKörösnagyharsánySutton OakThumbnailsKörösnagyharsánySutton OakThumbnailsKörösnagyharsánySutton OakThumbnailsKörösnagyharsánySutton OakThumbnailsKörösnagyharsány
St Helens Station Jn is at the south end of St Helens Central station; this had been St Helens Shaw Street station until 1987. To the right is the main passenger route from St Helens to Huyton and Liverpool. The divergence to the left is the route of the St Helens & Runcorn Gap Railway: the short section from here to Ravenhead Jn opened in 1849. Closure of this route to through traffic to St Helens Junction station was in 1989, but traffic survived as far as the Hays Chemical works until 2002. Despite that, the junction has clearly been relaid very recently.